Clinton Door

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Snips & Snails & Puppy Dogs Tails!!

November 13, 1980...5am...we are on our way to the hospital. 11:46am...we welcomed a beautiful baby boy in our lives, Joshua Bryan Blount. He was a crier!...no, a screamer!!! He wailed....he was red faced...he was beautiful...I was a little scared! November 18....this beautiful baby boy was coming home...weighing 5 lbs. 11 oz...he was a tiny little thing...and make such a big noise when he was not happy!!! I was excited to have this beautiful baby boy come into our lives... we were committed to raising him to love the Lord his God with all his heart, mind, soul. We stood on this scripture: Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up Deuteronomy 14: 18-19. We took this very seriously...we talked about the Lord everyday...in every way. Josh grew...slow, but he grew. He was a tiny little guy....yet very opinionated...we saw his strong spirit to never give up before he turned one. He was a joy, even in the midst of his strong-willed spirit! Brother, Jacob, came along in 1983...he wanted us to take him back to the hospital!! They are very close today and for this I am very thankful!! They are two different kind of guys who respect each other....encourage each other. 


Fast forward 30 years....May 22, 2011. This beautiful baby boy is now a good-looking man. Where did life take him to this point? He has grown in his faith...he has struggled in his faith...he loves ministry. He loves discipleship. He comes alive in ministry. God is moving him to Fairhope, Alabama to being ministry with the youth at Fairhope UMC. We are excited for Josh...and know that each day will continue to grow him - Our prayer is that his life will continue to grow deeper in faith....his wisdom would come from God and God alone...he would have discernment in leading these youth....these youth would come to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind and soul. Which takes me to my next thought: how we live our life has an eternal impact. What kind of life am I living now that will continue impacting the world for Jesus Christ? My job as a parent is not over....my job as a believer is ever-continuing. How intentional I am I in my faith? What am I doing that grows my faith? They say that wisdom comes with experience...and yes, age (ouch, that hurt)! I know my life has experienced much pain..and much joy. Through each one of these, I do believe my life is richer and has made me who I am. It has been what helped me become the mother that I am. 

No comments: