Clinton Door

Friday, July 30, 2010

Being Intentional

I woke up very early....like 2:30 am early. We are on vacation in Destin. It has been a great week, but just like every other vacation, it is coming to a close. Why does it take four-five days to unwind...just when it gets good, it is time to go home! Maybe that is why I woke so early...I do my best thinking in the wee hours of the morning. So this is what is on my heart:

Thinking about who I am...how am I growing...what can I do to make my life more intentional and committed in my faith

How to focus more on my relationship with the Lord, what hinders me:
1. How I spend my time
Facebook
Twitter
Television
Just plain "nothing-ness"
Lack of commitment
Don't make time to spend with the Lord
No Bible study
Being non-intentional
Weary-ness
Being unfocused - Floating without thought

2. What changes can I make that will focus my heart
One step at a time:
Slow down on facebook or twitter - stop using it as my escape and use this
time to focus on my relationship with the Lord
Be intentional on my blog..use this as a tool to journal my spiritual trip.
Find ways to be intentional in the way I treat others
Focus on the positive not negative
Encourage one another daily...
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.


Bible - take a moment daily to focus in on the Word....find a good study this fall....and be committed to that study for the purpose of growing/stretching my faith.

I want to fall in love with Jesus Christ all over again.....

1 comment:

Courtney Cloud said...

I am so excited that you are blogging. I am right there with you..ditto to all that you said.
Love you!